Apply for this position
Thankyou for your interest in Current. We'll be in touch with you shortly.
What will you do
As a Current Electronics/Embedded Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering and product team to build out our product and bring it to patients and healthcare professionals. You will contribute at every stage of the product life cycle, deploy it out into the wild and see its impact on real people. You will work on new hardware/Firmware features as well as on existing issues and bugs. Our IoT software tech stack extends all the way from the patient to the healthcare professional with custom hardware running embedded code on the patient's arm and network protocols reliably handling sensor data transmission. A data pipeline that constantly seeks health deterioration patterns and Micro-services that power mobile apps, visualisations and push notifications to support clinical decisions
Technologies We Use
ARM Cortex M4
Wireless Charging (Qi)
- You have electronics engineering knowledge and experience, with a focus on either embedded systems, biomedical or optoelectronics.
- Skills in analysing sensor data using tools such as Python, MatLab and Excel
- Experience with embedded systems and have a working knowledge of firmware development in C or similar.
- Experienced in the design, manufacture and validation of various PCB technologies including micro-vias, flex-PCBs, HDI and fine pitch BGAs
- A user of EDA tools, such as Altium Designer (or similar) for Schematic entry, PCB layout & BOM management
- An ability to design for EMC compliance, experience of EMC testing would be beneficial
- Experience using MEMS, optical sensors, SMPS, including knowledge of design and manufacturing constraints
- Knowledge of wireless antenna design constraints, including WiFi and BLE
- Knowledge of Li-Ion battery charging technique, including Qi wireless charging
- Skills in circuit level prototyping, debug and modification (using test equipment, hand soldering, etc.)
- You have experience designing test fixtures for manufacturing and development
- You will have the competence to develop test tools and software to aid in hardware development and test.
- You will have worked to recognised quality standards (ISO9001/ISO13485), ideally medical standards would be beneficial.
- You will have the ability to resolve issues including those related to architecture (performance, power), production (manufacturing, quality) and development (schematic design, PCB layout, integration)
- Previous experience collaborating with other designers, engineers, manufacturers, sales and marketing, customer success and customers to solve design issues and preserve design intent
- You always strive for excellence by designing for, among other areas, manufacture, quality, service, cost and reliability.
- You have a belief in the importance of user-centred design in product development