Apply for this position
Thankyou for your interest in Current. We'll be in touch with you shortly.
What will you do
As a Current Health QA Engineer, you will work as part of our engineering and product team to build out our product for patients and healthcare providers. You will be involved in every stage of the product life cycle, deploy it out into the wild and see its positive impact on real people. You will own and build our integration tests and our ability to incorporate them into our working flow. Help out in manual testing efforts when required, but never stuck there. Be a proactive member of the team when it comes to helping out to write acceptance criteria, tackle future work, keep track of outstanding bugs, know our weaknesses and voice concerns around quality.
Technologies we use;
Backend: Java (Spring), Python, .NET
Databases: PostgreSQL (RDS), Couchbase and others
Infrastructure: Linux, RabbitMQ, AWS via Terraform, Chef, Nomad, Consul and Fabio
Monitoring: DataDog, Appsee, Mixpanel and ELK
- You are ready to champion the quality of our product, from end to end. The team will be right there to support you!
- You have an eye for detail and ask the questions that others oversee, as well as challenge hidden assumptions
- You are comfortable working with developers and stakeholders to create, revise and uphold acceptance criteria
- You help the team verify that the features we release do what they should, through automation whenever possible or manually when need be
- You have experience automating testing, and are not afraid to write code or touch infrastructure
- Conscious of implications around security and data protection
- Have a reasonable knowledge of at least one modern programming language (ideally Java and/or Python) and some testing frameworks
- Have experience writing different levels of automated tests
- Be comfortable reviewing, releasing, deploying and troubleshooting your and other people's test code
- Have experience testing ideally a few of these: websites, mobile apps, web and message-driven services or even hardware or data science code
- You ideally have experience working with AWS
- You ideally have performance testing experience