Apply for this position
Thankyou for your interest in Current. We'll be in touch with you shortly.
What will you do
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can facilitate communication between biomedical engineers, data scientists and customer support. Performing statistical analysis for internal decisions and regulatory deliverables
You will be involved in the creation of appropriate documentation around developed models and algorithms to support the company’s regulatory and legislative compliance
You will be deeply involved in collating and providing diagnostic information to clinical staff to help them better understand their patients leading to the development of biomarkers for detecting patient disease.
You will have the opportunity to work with teams across the whole organisation from Biomedical, Software, Hardware to Sales and Customer Success/Support.
- You will have experience in presenting data driven decisions to non-technical people
- Experience with a common data science language (ideally python) and a query language
- You will have proven experience manipulating large and deep data sets (from 100s MB to 100s TB)
- You will have experience with feature extraction and feature selection
- Experience in extracting data from multiple sources such as S3, Hive, Athena, HDFS
- A good understanding of how to use statistics to evaluate models
- Experience with digital signal processing would be a huge bonus i.e. FFTs, digital filtering, wavelet transforms
- Familiarity with various data science pipelines and lifecycles for iterating models such as unix/liux pipelines would be ideal
- Experience with source control preferably Git would be beneficial
- Familiarity of clinical study protocol design
- Experience with distributed computing i.e. hadoop, spark, hive would be beneficial