Posted Mar 20 2019
Remote in the UK
Thankyou for your interest in Current. We'll be in touch with you shortly.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has focussed on distributed, resilient and scaled data systems to join our growing team. The person in this role will be responsible for expanding and optimising our data and data platform architecture, to maximise data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data platform builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They will support our software development team and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimising and augmenting our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and features.
• Create and maintain data platform architecture for highly resilient systems.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, AWS data technologies and Analysis platforms.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data platform to provide actionable insights into customer and business performance metrics.
• Deliver patterns and practices that keep data appropriately segregated, anonymised and secure.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.