Over the last week, Current Health has been inundated with requests from providers across the US and UK for support with virtual care, telehealth, and remote patient monitoring as they prepare and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
While there is, rightly, continuing focus on containment, hospitals, home health and government are considering their preparedness for a COVID-19 pandemic, should one occur. The US government has just approved an $8.3bn funding package as part of measures to address the Coronavirus outbreak. Crucially, this package also gives HHS the power to suspend restrictions on the use of telehealth and remote care in patient’s own homes. In the UK, many NHS trusts and health boards are considering how they deliver more remote and virtual care.
How can Current Health help?
Current Health is well-positioned to support COVID-19 response by helping monitor, manage and engage more patients at home, both for those with known/suspected COVID-19 infection as well as those at greater risk e.g. immunocompromised patients, in order to increase capacity in the hospital and reduce front-line pressure.
- An increase in hospital bed capacity by enabling more patients to be moved home
- An increase in ICU bed capacity by enabling faster step down and discharge
- Faster screening and community-based monitoring without requiring physician time
- Reducing overall exposure by enabling self-isolation at home but with continuous monitoring
- Reducing risk as far as possible for the healthcare team by allowing monitoring without exposure
- Facilitating telehealth and video visits to the patient in their own home, again reducing healthcare team exposure
Specifically, our platform enables:
- Continuous monitoring of respiratory rate, oxygen saturation and core temperature in the home via our wearable
- Automated daily symptom check-ins with the patient via our tablet
- Automatic alerts that identify risk and deterioration
- Video visits
How do we implement this?
At its simplest, we drop ship a kit straight to the patient’s front door and our own monitoring team can triage, monitor and engage the patient. We escalate to you any patients, based on pre-defined criteria.
How quickly can this be scaled up?
Immediately. We’re putting extensive plans in place to meet the demands of providers. We built this platform to help deliver virtual care – now we can.
Can we schedule a call?
If we can help in any way in this incredibly challenging time, please email email@example.com to schedule a call.